In the first installment of our Hound Adventures, we decided to break away to a local piece of heaven 35 Minutes from Centurion called Apricot Hill Farms Cottages in Muldersdrift/Krugersdorp.
As you slowly drive up the cobblestone road to the venue, you are greeted by the owner Wendy and a beautiful established garden.
Once greeted you are escorted to the cradle cottage which is husky safe with a fully enclosed 6 foot walls and fencing. The lovely all in one cottage is a snapshot into the past of creature comforts and outdoor living.
Our lovely furkids Sherlock and Cuddles were immediately at ease in the lovely garden and the exploring commenced in and through the lovely garden with its multitude of smells and tranquillity brought by the singing birds.
Designed for rest and relaxation, there is a lovely sparkling blue pool at the farmhouse, many gardens to take photos in – an artist and photographers dream.
Cradlestone Mall is a mere 5Km away for shopping and last-minute purchases.
Remember to take Dog beds, Dog Towels and possibly some Blankets to cover the pristine beds if your babies stay inside and are allowed on the furniture at home.
The unit is fully equipped with a Kitchenette, Small Fridge, 2 Plate Stove/Oven Combo, Microwave, Cutlery and Crockery. Although this is a self-catering unit Breakfast can be requested at an additional cost.
Be sure to ask for the Cradle Cottage!!
Apricot hill is a functioning farm with private self catering units and farmhouse rooms. All self catering units is equiped with a basic Kitchenette (Fridge, Stove, Oven, Microwave, Cutlery) to serve all your self catering needs.
Is it Husky Safe?
The Cottage is absolutely husky safe and features a nice spacious garden. Except if you fubaby is an exceptional escape artist.
Is there Braai Facilities?
Yes the cottage has two braai areas with Table and chairs and plenty of shade from the trees.
- Cradle Stone Mall
- Game reserves and Wildlife Sanctuaries offering:Game drives, Game-viewing horse trails, 4 x 4 game drives and guided hikes.
- Cradle of Human Kind World Heritage Site incorporating Sterkfontein Caves with its fossil sites, Sacred Lake and the Maropeng Interpretation Centre. Wonder Cave and Rhino Park.
- Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens enjoy the myriad indigenous plant species, watch the Black Eagles or escape to a quiet corner and listen to the waterfall.
- Anglo Boer War sites including: Battlefields, British Headquarters and Starr Jameson’s prison cell.
- Crocodile Ramble with approximately 150 venues meandering through spectacular scenery from Honeydew to Hartbeespoort Dam.
- NEW Silver Star Casino